Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
The Dash 8 Q 400 Type Rating is a combination of theoretical and simulator training that qualifies the trainees to understand in depth the complexity of the aircraft systems and flying characteristics, enabling them to acquire the knowledge of flying a state of the art turboprop aircraft, used mostly by regional airlines as it has the lowest cost per passenger mile.
- Valid ICAO or EASA ATPL or EASA CPL with ATPL theory credit and MCC*
- Current ME IR Rating
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- ICAO Language Proficiency Level 4
In order to ensure quality and effective training, all candidates undergo an assessment test prior to enrolling the course.
*Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) can be integrated into the Type Rating
Dash 8 Q 400 Type Rating Structure
The Dash 8 Q 400 initial course is divided into two parts: The Theoretical Training and The Simulator Training. The total duration of the course is approximately 4 weeks.
- Web Based Training (WBT): minimum 10 days.
- Classroom tuition: 5 days.
- Theoretical examination upon ground school completion: 2 hours.
An additional 3 day classroom tuition is required if Type Rating is combined with MCC Course.
- 2 sessions in a certified Visual Procedures Trainer (VPT).
- 8 Full Flight Simulator (FFS) sessions.
- 1 FFS License Skill Test.
3 additional FBS sessions – Fix Base Simulator are required if Type Rating is combined with MCC Course.
Theoretical training may be performed either in HATS’ base in Athens, or in one of the collaborating Simulator Centres, upon the customer’s request.
Available Training Centres for the Dash 8 Q 400
For a more graphical view of the available Training Locations, please refer to Flexible Training Location page.
The Dash 8 Q 400 Type Rating can be endorse on the applicant’s pilot license only upon the completion of the Base Training.