A candidate for a type rating on HATS approved courses shall be at least 18 years of age, has a high school diploma and unless otherwise determined in the operational suitability data established in accordance with Part-21, comply with the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum 200 hrs total flying time of which 70hrs PIC
- Part- FCL CPL / IR
- Multi-engine IR
- ATPL(A) Theory Credit
- First class medical certificate
- MCC course certification*
- Advance UPRT
- English Language Proficiency Level 4 (min)
In order to ensure quality and effective training, all candidates undergo an assessment test prior to enrolling the course.
*Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) can be integrated into the Type Rating
A340 Type Rating Structure
The A340 initial course is divided into two parts: Theoretical Knowledge Training and FSDT Training. The total duration of the course is approximately 4 weeks.
- Web Based Training (WBT): minimum 10 days.
- Classroom tuition: 6 days.
- Theoretical examination upon ground school completion: 3 hours.
An additional 3 day classroom tuition is required if Type Rating is combined with MCC Course.
- 2 sessions in a certified Visual Procedures Trainer (VPT).
- 8 Full Flight Simulator (FFS) sessions.
- 1 FFS License Skill Test.
3 additional FBS sessions – Fix Base Simulator are required if Type Rating is combined with MCC Course.
Theoretical training may be performed either in HATS’ base in Athens, or in one of the collaborating Simulator Centres, upon the customer’s request.
Available Training Centres for the Airbus 340 family
| Turkey-Istanbul | Egypt-Cairo |
For a more graphical view of the available Training Locations, please refer to Flexible Training Location page.
The A340 Type Rating can be endorsed on the applicant’s pilot license only upon completion of Base Training.